Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility City of Monterey, CA

City Clerk

Zoom Meeting Instructions - Participate in Public Meetings (PDF)


What does the City Clerk DO?
The City Clerk’s goal is to make City government transparent and easy for the public to navigate. Official duties include administration of City Council meetings and legislation; boards, committees, and commissions; elections and campaign reporting; and public records management. For more information on the City Clerk profession, see the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) and the City Clerks Association of California (CCAC).

Legislative Bodies Public Meetings
Public Records and Information

Public Records Requests
I-SEARCH-Magnify-GlassCity resolutions, ordinances, and minutes are available online and may be searched on I-SEARCH Monterey.
Requests for documents made under the California Public Records Act can be made by phone at (831) 646-3935 or in writing using the online form and directed to the City Clerk's Office using the contact information below.

Fill out the Public Records Request Form  and email or mail to:

City Clerk's Office  Attn: Records
580 Pacific St.
Monterey, CA 93940
Voice: (831) 646-3935 

Disability Access
The City of Monterey is committed to including the disabled in all of its services, programs and activities. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in a meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at or (831) 646-3935. Notification 30 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting [28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II]. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible.

Dial 7-1-1
crsFor communication-related assistance, dial 711 to use the California Relay Service (CRS) to speak to City offices. CRS offers free text-to-speech, speech-to-speech, and Spanish-language services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you require a hearing amplification device to attend a meeting, dial 711 to use CRS to talk to the City Clerk's Office at (831) 646-3935 to coordinate use of a device. Or you may email us at