Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility City of Monterey, CA

Submit a Crime Report Online

Back to Crime Information Main

Report a Crime or Incident Online

Welcome to the Monterey Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.

If this is an emergency please call 9-1-1
Confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
  • This is NOT an emergency?
  • This incident occurred within the Monterey Police Department city limits?
  • There are NO KNOWN suspects?
  • This did NOT occur on a State freeway?
If you answered "YES" to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered "NO" to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequent Questions section.

Upon completion of this report process you will:
  • See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
  • Be given a police report case number.
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
Please note:
  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Monterey Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as: Theft from Vehicle, Custody Order Violation, Graffiti/Vandalism, Harassing Phone Calls, Identity Theft, Lost Property and Theft.

Be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Monterey Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 831-646-3914) to file your report. Choose the "Select Incident" button to begin.

Select Incident
Powered by LexisNexis Risk Solutions

Frequent Questions

Frequent Questions

Is there another option available to report an incident?
If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If non-emergency call (831) 646-3914.
What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Monterey Police Department please call the police department for that city.
What if this happened on a state freeway?
If this took place on a state freeway please call the California Highway Patrol (CHP)Office nearest you. The Salinas CHP phone number is (831) 770-8000.
What is a known suspect?
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.